The Elim Pentecostal Church movement is an evangelical organisation. Emerging from the Welsh Revival of 1904-5, it grew with amazing speed, largely as a result of the great evangelistic work of its founder George Jeffreys. There are now over 600 Elim churches here in the UK, and the Elim movement is represented in over 35 countries. Across the globe there are over 500 million Pentecostal Christians.
In the late 1890’s, Miss Shepherd and Miss Watson started a Gospel Mission in Halls Row in Tamworth. A small church building was purchased in 1919 in Park Street and the church joined the Elim movement in 1923.
The church remained in Park Street until 1969, at which time a former Methodist Church building at the corner of Bamford Street and Glascote Road was purchased. It was used until 1977, when a compulsory purchase order was taken out by the Council, and a new church was built on our present site.
In 1996 the Elim Church purchased a row of derelict houses on the Glascote Road adjacent to the church, and created The Manna House, a multi-purpose centre for the entire community of Glascote and which is used every day of the week for a host of charitable and community purposes.
In 2003/4 a further building programme was undertaken. This added further office space, larger catering kitchen, 64 place day nursery, day centre annex, and a church auditorium able to seat 250.